Saturday, August 24, 2013

Follow Your Dreams


I'm taking a break from my usual craft post and bringing my followers a little inside scoop on my life.

I am a mom, a wife, a daughter, and a sister. Until recently, I worked full time being. I did a few college courses right out of high school, but didn't really find that it was for me. Don't get me wrong, I always dreamt of graduating college. I wanted to be a pastry chef and open my own bakery. Well, sometimes things don't always go as planned. 

When you're young, sometimes you just make some crazy decisions. Not necessarily because you're reckless, but sometimes because you just don't know any better. I pretty much got wrapped up in work, and now here I am, married, 27 years old, with a 2 year old trying to go back to school. 

It is a huge adjustment financially going from two full time incomes to one full time, one barely part time. Although we had to make a budget cut (my crafting hobby was on the top of the list), it was well worth the time I get to spend with my husband and son. The sacrifice will also pay off for us once I finish school.

So for all of you those out there who feel like there's something far from your grasp, just remember the first thing you need to do in order for your dreams to come true is to WAKE UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment