Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School!

While back to school is in session for a lot of you, our schools here in the PNW don't start for quite a bit. Everyone is still enjoying the bits of summer we have left. Now our days are starting of cooler and winding down cooler. For all the fall fans out there, it just means cozy sweaters and Pumpkin Spice Latte's at Starbucks! Me? It means colds and congestion! So I spend my days resting and trying to keep up with a hyped up two year old, I'm catching up on past projects I have yet to share!


This first card was created with DCWV's Grade School Stack  and a this fun Antique Ruler Ribbon by Creative Impressions

To create the chalkboard look, I trimmed one of the cardstocks from this stack. (The flowers and cute lil owl are part of the design) I trimmed woodgrain patterned cardstock and used it as a border around my chalkboard. for the bottom border, I adhered it with foam squares to create dimension. I rolled up a small piece of paper and created my "chalk". My sentiment was written by actual chalk! :)




I created this fun card wanting to do something fun with school supplies! As you can see, my flower is made with paper clips and a simple button! I bent the paper clips slightly to create dimension. 


I used SEI cardstock and Studio 112 Embellishments.

Thank you for stopping in today and hope you all are enjoying your time once the kiddos are back in  school!



No comments:

Post a Comment