Monday, August 19, 2013

Crafting with Paint Chips


Paint chip crafts have been such a trend on Pinterest! I've been wanting to try but haven't had a chance to go to the hardware store. Well when the time came where we had to change our door knobs for toddler proofing reasons, it was the perfect opportunity to check out the paint department and grab some of these guys!

They had paint chips with one color, and fun ones like these! This is definitely an easy way to create an ombre effect with any craft project. I simply trimmed the sides to remove the writing on it.


I glued the paint chip onto my card base and added a strip of DCWV's Cork Stack for some contrast. I then punched some flowers from my leftover paint chip pieces using a punch from Daiso. (If you aren't familiar with Daiso or you don't have one near you, it is a Japanese based store where most of their products are $1.50. It is a great place to find craft products. You just have to check frequently since their stock changes often!)

I stamped a butterfly and thinking of you sentiment on my card. I then added my punched flowers to the card, and there we go!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment