Wednesday, August 14, 2013

DIY Lace Basket

I was at Target the other day and these really cute lace baskets by Xhiliration. They were absolutely adorable, but $35 for this little guy? Definitely not practical with my budget.  So I set out to create my own!!
Supplies:
Doilies (I got mine at Joann's.Crochet doilies are starting at $1.99 plus my coupons!)
Fabric Stiffener
Bowl (about the size of what your doily/basket)
Foil
May Arts Ribbon to decorate


Flip your bowl upside down and line it with foil
Saturate your doily with Fabric stiffener and wring out excess liquid
Position your doily over your flipped bowl so it is draped evenly across
Allow about 24 hours to dry (Make sure it is completely dry before the next step)
Carefully separate the doily from the bowl (I find it easier for me remove the bowl and leave the foil, then slowly peel the foil off rather than pulling the doily off the bowl.)
Decorate as you please! I weaved the ribbon throughout the bowl.


There is your own lace bowl!


I used my bowl to store a few of my inks, but I definitely need to make a larger one if I wanted a home for all my ink!

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to see your own DIY basket!


No comments:

Post a Comment