Thursday, September 5, 2013

Zappy Birthday!



This is my first official Zappy Dot project and it was definitely a fun one! When they told us to pick some flairs to play with, I was definitely excited! One of the first ones that stood out to me where these Birthday Wishes flairs. I initially wanted to do a set of cards with these, but it grew into an all out birthday party! I partnered up Zappy Dots' flairs with DCWV's Birthday Wishes Stack.



I created a gate fold card, fun straw embellishment, party favor bag, and a ribbon which the birthday celebrant can wear.


Anyone who knows me well, knows my crazy sweet tooth, so for this post, I will tell you how I created my cupcake. Some of you may be familiar with my ribbon cupcakes, well I have my paper cupcakes inspired by a post I saw on DCWV's FB page!

Supplies:
Foam ball
Small flower punch
Ribbon
Cardstock
Scor board
Adhesives
and of course, Zappy Dots.

For my cupcake holder, I took a strip of 12" x 2" cardstock and scored it every 1/4" lengthwise
Use adhesve to attach both ends together. Now you will have the start of your cupcake base.
Glue your foam ball onto your base. It's now ready to be "frosted"
I took another color cardstock and punched out TONS of little flowers.  
I glued them all over the top of my foam ball until it was completely covered.
I tied ribbon around my cupcake base to add some pop of color and to give it more of that cupcake liner shape, then I topped it off with my Zappy Dot Flair!



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment