Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Wreath Ever!


I have been racking my brain for the perfect handmade gift for two of my friends, and after talking to coworkers yesterday about wreaths, I was inspired to make one for them. I have never created a wreath before, so I decided to make a practice wreath before I tackle their presents! With the fall season coming upon us, I had to make a fall themed wreath! And yes, that is sequins on my wreath!



I took plumbing foam and trimmed it to the size I needed. I created a circle and duct taped it down to create my wreath base. I had sequined fabric stashed, so I tripped it to 3 inch strips and used it to wrap around my base. My fabric was a bit thin, so I wrapped it around twice.


To embellish my wreath, I made ribbon roses and feathers.

Quick tutorial on the feathers:
Using the WZ Wired 4 inch wired ribbon:
I cut my ribbon in 4-7 inch pieces, depending on how long I wanted it.
Using the gate fold, I now have the wire edges both in the center.
I cut it into a leaf/feather shape, then trimmed bits and pieces on the side to create the feathered look.

Supplies:
Plumbing foam (less than $2 at Lowes, and I was able to make 2 wreaths out of one)
Duct Tape
Fabric
May Arts Ribbon:
KK Series - 3"
XY Series - 1.5"

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment